There are certain foods that, as a health-conscious person, you supposedly remove from your diet forever. Certainly chocolate is one of the first things coming to someone’s mind. Many chocolates and chocolate cakes are filled with sugar, artificial flavors and more.
But still, I cannot live without chocolate and sometimes I am just craving for a good chocolate cake. And so I started to experiment with different textures, ingredients, and flavors until I came up with this super yummy chocolate cake. It is easily made and will just touch your soul thanks to its chocolate taste.
- 70g dark vegan chocolate
- 200g Buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g grounded almonds
- 100g cocoa powder (if possible raw cacao powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 75g peanut butter
- 66g coconut oil
- 300g almond milk
- 160g maple syrup
- 20g warm water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and oil brush your cake pan.
- Carefully melt your dark chocolate and let it cool down for several minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together except the melted chocolate until well combined
- Last, add the melted chocolate and mix it again until you have a smooth dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Pour the dough into your cake pan
- Bake the cake at 180°C for about 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
The cake tastes best when it is still warm so enjoy 🙂
Health Fact – Raw Cocoa:
Whenever possible, you should use raw cocoa. Raw cocoa provides large amounts of magnesium that relaxes the muscles and restores a healthy heart. Its natural plant active agents flavanols have a strong antioxidant effect and thus have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.