Something so simple and so yummy. Recently our kitchen was smelling suspiciously of apples, as I am in love with self-made Apfelmus (German word for apple sauce). I am also in love with sweets, so I am always looking for something which can satisfy my appetite for sweets in a healthy way and apples are perfect for me. Furthermore, apples can be used as a binding agent for baking, due to the pectin. Apfelmus can also be used in many other recipes to make them more delicious.
Apfelmus fits perfectly to e.g. pancakes or I also love having Apfelmus plain with some vegan chocolate drops or raw chocolate nips.
- 6 apples
- 150 ml water
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup
- Peel and chop the apples.
- Put the apples, water and agave syrup in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Cook the whole mixture until the apples are soft (for me it takes usually about 15 minutes).
- Then puree everything finely with a hand blender.
- Let it cool down and fill it then into a glass.
I never can resist and enjoy already some warm Apfelmus 🙂